Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Movie Moment: Hey! It's --- Sean Bean



The other day I wrote about villain plummeting, and mentioned the James Bond movie "GoldenEye" as one example. At the time I couldn’t remember the name of the villain, or who played him.

Then, this weekend, I happened to catch the end of "GoldenEye" on Telemundo.

Yeah, Telemundo. This weekend they’re showing "Braveheart." En espanol.

Anyway, there was "GoldenEye," and upon seeing the bad guy, I said, “Hey! It’s Sean Bean!”

I like that Sean Bean. He is a very versatile actor, and like Gary Oldman, was on the verge of becoming known solely for portraying villains before branching out into other things.

My Sean Bean favorites:

Villains:
“Patriot Games” – He has a scar above his eye from where Harrison Ford hit him with a boat hook. Awesome.
“GoldenEye”
“Ronin”
“National Treasure” – Not my favorite movie, but he sells it!
“The Island”

Non-villains:
“The Lord of the Rings” – His most famous role, Boromir. I teared up at his death scene. You did, too, admit it. It’s ok, we’re all friends here.
“North Country” – This is a great movie. You should watch it.

Ones I Haven’t Seen Yet But Would Like To:
“Troy” – He plays Odysseus. I heard the movie itself was ok, but I think he’d make a great Odysseus.
“Flightplan” – The Jodi Foster airplane thriller.

Be on the lookout for Sean Bean! You never know where he’ll turn up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked Troy. I'm not saying it was the greatest ever. I think it pales in comparison to Gladiator.

Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom (again equipped with a bow and arrow) are all good in this movie. Even though it doesn't completely follow the story in the Iliad, it is still awesome to see some good Greek mythology done well.