We have been tremendously blessed by the love and generosity of our family and friends both in helping us prepare for Sheridan, and after her arrival. It has been a blast to have people meet her. We haven’t known each other long, but in my opinion, she is the most beautiful baby in the world.
Ways she is like her dad: She is very hungry. She likes late evenings and sleeping late in the morning. She has enormous feet and long legs.
Ways she is like her mom: She is beautiful. She furrows her brow when trying to figure things out. She likes meeting new people. She looks good in a dress. She was the exact same weight and number of days late as her mother. She looks very, very much like the baby pictures of her mom. This bodes well for the future.
She is still a newborn, running mostly on instinct, and I am looking forward to getting to know her personality, and reading “Hippos Go Berserk” together.

There is a part of me that feels a little bad for not really having any deep spiritual insight to share about the birth of my daughter. But things can be deep in different ways. I am overwhelmingly grateful every day for the health of my wife and my daughter. I am amazed every day at the sheer fact of her existence. I suppose that’s not “deep” or profound in the sense that it requires a lot of mental gymnastics to comprehend. It’s deep and profound in the classic sense – seemingly inexhaustible, larger than one is able to take in at one viewing, or one thousand.

4 comments:
I don't think those feelings ever go away. Even though my kids are 5 and 2 I still find myself overwhelmed (in a very good way) by their very presence in my life. It just gets better and better :)
Sandra Boynton books are my favorite!! She is beautiful and I cannot wait to meet her!!
that book about the hippos sounds AWESOME!!!!:)
You're such a sweet daddy :) and hippos go berserk sounds so amazing! I can't believe I haven't read it yet!
Post a Comment