
Last night I dreamed I was a penguin. A cartoon penguin, like the ones in Mary Poppins, but without the bow-tie. I heard, as if being narrated in one of those nature shows, that I and other penguins like me were on the decline because we had lost the skills needed to work together to catch fish. I remember trying to rally the other penguins around me to prove the narrator wrong, and together we caught some fish and some small crabs and ate them. Raw. As I think back, that sounds disgusting, but in my dream I remember thinking the fish in particular was quite good. After eating some of the crab, I heard the narrator say that I would eat up to seven times my weight in crab in a week. I thought "Man, I better pick up the pace" and "I'm not sure I like crab that much." Later in the dream I was a person again. I don't normally remember my dreams, but this one was awesome. A cartoon penguin! My subconscious mind is a strange place, I tell you what.
As far as interpretation goes, I have no idea, I leave that one up to you.
Later this week I'll tell you about the time I swam in the ocean with Jesus, and about the time my wife got to do something really cool.
P.S. I did a little "research" on dream interpretation (I typed "dream interpretation" into Google and read the first link that didn't also advertise serenity crystals). I found a site with a list of stuff people have dreamed about and a short description of what it may mean. Here are some relevant to the post above.
Penguin - "To see a penguin in your dream, signifies that your problems are not as serious as you may think. It serves as a reminder for you to keep your cool and remain level-headed. Alternatively, a penguin seen in your dream suggests that you are being weighed down by your emotions or by a negative situation. You need to find some balance and inner harmony."
I was pleasantly surprised to find "penguin" in the list, by the way.
Cartoon - "To dream that your real life is depicted in a cartoon world, signifies that you are perceiving the world in a comical and unserious manner. This dream may also serve as an escape from the stressful realities of your life. It is your way of obtaining moments of lightheartedness and fun. Additionally, you may need to learn to laugh at yourself and at your mistakes."
Crab - "To see a crab in your dream, signifies your perseverance and tenacity. On an extreme note, you maybe be too clingy and dependent and hanging on to a hopeless endeavor."
Swimming - "To dream that you are swimming, suggests that you are exploring aspects of your unconscious mind and emotions. The dream may be a sign that you are seeking some sort of emotional support. It is a common dream image for people going through therapy. To dream that you are swimming underwater, suggests that you are completely submerged in your own feelings. You are forcing yourself to deal with your emotional difficulties."
I was disappointed that there weren't any entries for "raw fish," or "nature show narrator." But, after reading the above, and deciding that they were written by the same qualified people who write the notes on the inside of fortune cookies, I decided to try my hand at it.
Raw Fish - "To dream that you are eating raw fish signifies your willingness to confront uncomfortable circumstances in your life. By ingesting an aquatic animal, you hope to gain its power to move fluidly through chaotic situations. Alternatively, this may signify that you live in Japan or California."
Nature Show Narrator - "To dream that your actions are being narrated by another suggests that you feel your life's course is determined by forces beyond your control. If the narrator is Morgan Freeman, David Attenborough, or Peter Coyote, this signifies that you watch too much National Geographic channel."

No comments:
Post a Comment