About three years back, I had the coolest dream I have had so far in my life. I was out on the ocean in a speedboat with Jesus. I was wearing a swimsuit, He was wearing His traditional white robe. There was no land in sight, and I decided to go swimming. Normally, I would be terrified to swim in the ocean - the vastness of unseen depths gives me the shivers. But because I was with Jesus, I guess I figured I would be fine. I swam for a while and then got back in the boat. Then Jesus got in the water, robe and all, and started doing a stroke I had never seen before - sort of a side-stroke/butterfly combination - and He was going FAST. So fast that I cranked up the engine and started keeping pace with Him in the water, and eventually had it at full throttle, with Jesus easily swimming alongside. At that point, my wife woke me up and told me I was making strange noises.
Using the very official free internet dream interpretation site, here's what I have gathered:
Jesus - "To see Jesus in your dream, foretells that your greatest desires and goals will be realized. This dream serves to console and strengthen you in your times of adversity, hardship and struggle. You will rise above any situation and circumstance and become victorious."
Ocean - "To see an ocean in your dream, represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of some spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal.
To dream that you are traveling across the ocean, signifies new found freedom and independence. You are showing great courage."
Boat - "To dream that you are in or see a boat, signifies you ability to cope and express your emotions. Pay particular attention to the condition and state of the waters, whether is is calm or violent, clear or murky, etc. Are you "smooth sailing"? Alternatively, you may be ready to confront your unconscious and unknown aspects of yourself. To dream that you are trying to jump off a boat, suggests that you want to dive directly in and confront those difficult emotions and approach your problems head on."
Robe - "To see or wear a robe in your dream, signifies personal issues that you need to confront. The dream may also refer to your secret desire to let loose."
Swimming, as we learned yesterday, suggests you are "exploring aspects of your subconscious mind and emotions." There was no entry on what it means when Jesus swims a new stroke and you race Him in a speedboat, but feel free to make one up and put it in a comment!
P.S. After writing this, I found myself humming the hymn "Living for Jesus," with slightly different lyrics. Here's the original first verse:
Living for Jesus a life that is true/ Striving to please Him in all that I do/ Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free/ This is the pathway of blessing for me
Here's my version:
Swimming with Jesus a stroke that is new/ Out on the ocean so deep and so blue/
Pushing the throttle, as far as 'twill go/ Jesus will keep pace, as though 'twere slow
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
note to self: use the word " 'twere " more often.
Hmmm...that's a pretty weird dream. Jesus swimming a new stroke? Mabye it's like new wineskins for new wine. Why you are you racing him? Perhaps its like the last scene in the Narnia books, "Farther up and farther in." Though really, you'd need to be doing the new stroke as well.
I've never had weird Jesus dreams. I did have a recurring dream as a child in which Ronald Reagan and I were hiding under my kitchen table (which was now strangely in the middle of a prairie) fighting attacking Indians. Not very PC, but, hey, it was the 80s.
Post a Comment